Axiom Design Build’s Administrative Assistant position requires a variety of skills and abilities. You are the first window into our company; our clients, vendors, subcontractors and our team rely on our administrative staff, so stellar communication skills are key. Professionalism, organizational management, and a positive/friendly outlook are what bring success to this vital position.
- Maintain contact information for all active construction jobs and new design clients.
- Maintain office equipment (computers, plotter, printer, phones)
- Keep office supplies and equipment inventory current to ensure office efficiency
- Maintain office voice mail and make sure no voicemail boxes are full
- Check mail daily and distribute as necessary. Billings routed through accounting department
- Keep office organized and replenish supplies as needed (general supplies, snacks, printed materials, etc)
- Keep office clean / schedule cleanings as needed (manage dishwasher in lunchroom / take out garbage as needed)
- Answer telephones and screen solicitors
- Support project managers with administration of construction contracts
- Support project managers by filing necessary documentation for active projects as requested.
- Help manage client contact info, proposals, estimates, and subcontracts as needed.
- Provide marketing support for tradeshows
- General errands (bank, mail, lunch orders for events, etc)
- Assist with property management including processing rent, maintenance requests, leasing inquiries, and tenant questions.
- Assist Accounting Manager with daily tasks including job cost coding and organizing and scanning receipts and invoices.
- Provide top notch customer service. Professionally greet clients and make sure they are comfortable prior to design meetings (offering coffee or water) and make sure Axiom employees are alerted to client presence in a timely fashion.
- Organize design trays and storage rooms
- Receive, label, organize and distribute deliveries / materials for jobs
- Professional and hygienic office attire a must
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook primarily)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professional phone etiquette is a must.
- Some familiarity with residential construction or architecture is a great asset, but not a requirement.
- Expectional professionalism in communication and correspondence with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Punctual, reliable, and a great attitude are a must.
- Candidates must be self-driving and able to manage multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable, and trustworthy. Our team is the key to our success. We expect all employees to understand the value of collaboration and bring a positive spirit to teamwork.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- This is a part time position.
- Wage based on experience; benefits will depend on hours worked.
- This position reports to Axiom’s Construction Manager and Accounting Manager
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!