Axiom Design Build is currently hiring an Assistant Project Manager to join our construction operations team. We are looking for individuals who are seeking to achieve their career goals as part of a great team of construction and design professionals.
An Axiom Assistant Project Manager is a detail oriented individual who can keep track of many projects at a time. They have the ability to take on new tasks at a moment’s notice, are highly organized, and have a strong desire to continue learning all critical attributes of this position.
As a small family-run business, we pride flexibility, dedication, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done right.
Axiom engages in high-end, custom residential projects in many communities throughout Seattle. Regardless of project location, scale, or budget, our field crew is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Our culture at Axiom is about equality and inclusion; helping each other grow and learn, and building beautiful projects together. To achieve that we look for great craftspeople and great human beings.
- Provide assistance to project managers and site managers to help increase productivity
- Electronically file and organize all construction-related documentation (permits, subcontractor bids, safety documents, client communications)
- Review and create subcontracts and other vital construction documents
- Manage internal company meeting notes and agendas
- Procurement of hardware, fixtures, and general project materials
- Create and manage project budgets for all assigned projects
- Conduct meetings with homeowners, including budget overviews, preconstruction meetings, and warranty walkthroughs
- Establishing and managing job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and pay applications)
- Produce preliminary project schedules
- Conduct internal company reviews
- Manage project closeout process
- Collaborate with design team and project managers to keep project on schedule, on budget, and in line with client expectations and design intent.
- Manage and cultivate positive and beneficial subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with owners, project managers and any necessary parties
- Help empower team to exceed expectations for quality, craftsmanship, schedule, and budget
- Be an outstanding example of company culture within surrounding community through both attitude and job performance
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in the construction industry, custom residential preferred
- 1-2 years construction management experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel expert, strong command of Microsoft Office/Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy – experience with Bluebeam REVU, Buildertrend, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus
- Adaptability to a multitude of different roles and projects
- Experience in a collaborative environment and ability to navigate construction and design challenges.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Professionalism in communication and correspondence with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers
- Punctual, reliable, professionally dressed, and ready to work are a must.
- Candidates must be self-driving and able to run multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable, and trustworthy. Our team is the key to our success. We expect all employees to understand the value of collaboration and bring a positive spirit to teamwork.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is a salaried position with great benefits!
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!