Axiom Design Build is currently hiring an experienced Designer to join our architectural design team. We are looking for creative professionals who will excel in a collaborative environment and who share a passion for residential design and construction.
An Axiom Designer is a detail-oriented individual with great interpersonal skills and a love for the built environment. They will have the ability to take on a diverse workload, ranging from interior remodels to major additions and custom homes. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, effective communicators, and have a diverse background in design. Fluency in BIM programs is a requirement, experience with Archicad software is preferred but not necessary.
As a local family-run business, we take pride in our team and our clients, and are dedicated to fostering a life-work balance, family, education and mutual respect. Our designers have a unique opportunity to operate as leaders throughout the project lifecycle and play a pivotal role in the client experience.
Axiom Design Build engages in high-end, custom residential projects in diverse neighborhoods throughout Seattle. Regardless of project location, scale, or budget, our design team members are expected to provide top-notch customer service at all times. Our culture at Axiom is about equality and inclusion; helping each other grow and learn, and building quality projects together. In order to keep our designs fresh and exciting, we look to hire unique design voices and great human beings with interesting life experience and backgrounds.
- Create design schemes based on client project and budget goals while ensuring Axiom quality and design standards are being met.
- Collaborate with design team across projects of varying scale.
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with owners, clients, project managers, and any outside parties.
- Establish and manage multiple individual job schedules and deliverables during design phase.
- Ability to create functional and beautiful designs that are attainable within a desired construction budget.
- Work efficiently to keep design budgets in line with client expectations.
- Manage as built measurement process and site documentation.
- Procure surveys, structural/geo/civil engineering as needed.
- Detail and refine floor plans, interior and exterior elevations, details and 3D renderings.
- Specify interior and exterior finishes, fixtures, and equipment.
- Create permit drawings and manage permit application, corrections and permit issuance.
- Electronically file and organize all permit related documentation.
- Manage client communication and expectations throughout design phase.
- Conduct client design meetings and participate in bi-weekly site meetings with construction teams.
- Contribute to quality control during construction in conjunction with project managers and assistant project managers and superintendents.
- Provide design and permit support to project managers and site managers to help increase productivity.
- Help manage project archives and materials library.
- Collaborate with operations team and construction managers to keep. project on schedule, on budget, and in line with client expectations and design intent.
- Help empower team to exceed expectations for quality and craftsmanship.
- Be an outstanding example of company culture within the surrounding community through both attitude and job performance.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related design field.
- 3-5 years of experience in the architectural/design industry, custom residential preferred.
- Strong drafting and modeling skills.
- Experience with BIM software (Archicad is preferred).
- Strong command of Microsoft Office/Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability to a range of project scope, scale, and budget.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and ability to navigate construction and design challenges.
- Able to respond quickly and adeptly to changes in field conditions.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and product specifications.
- Experience using measuring tools and performing as-builts.
- Familiarity with residential building codes and experience working with local building departments.
- Expectional professionalism in communication and correspondence with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Punctual, reliable, and a great attitude are a must.
- Candidates must be self-driving and able to manage multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable, and trustworthy. Our team is the key to our success. We expect all employees to understand the value of collaboration and bring a positive spirit to teamwork.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- This is a salaried position with great benefits!
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!