Axiom is currently hiring full-time lead carpenters to join our construction team.
Lead carpenters at Axiom are instrumental in moving projects forward and key to our company’s success. Optimal candidates will be able to lead by example, perform all work with a high attention to quality and detail, and instruct fellow team-members as needed.
As a small family-run business, we pride flexibility, dedication, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done right.
Axiom engages in high-end, custom residential projects in many communities throughout Seattle. Regardless of project location, scale, or budget, our field crew is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Our culture at Axiom is about equality and inclusion; helping each other grow and learn, and building beautiful projects together. To achieve that we look for great craftspeople and great human beings.
- Lead carpentry team through all levels of construction with eyes on quality and craftsmanship at all times
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with all plans and specifications and is in compliance with building codes
- Ability to come up with solutions for complex constructability challenges to maintain design intent
- Coordinate daily tasks to keep project on schedule and on budget and in line with client expectations.
- Manage small teams of carpenters and laborers
- Drive productivity and meet daily production goals
- Perform material take-offs and framing layouts
- Implement best practices and industry standard construction methods
- Promote leadership by example
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with owners, project managers and any necessary parties
- Provide positive training and direction for carpenters and laborers as needed
- Help empower team to exceed expectations for quality, craftsmanship, schedule, and budget
- Be an outstanding example of company culture within the surrounding community through both attitude and job performance
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the construction industry, focus in custom residential preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a lead carpenter or similar management position preferred.
- Journeyman-level carpentry skills
- Ability to layout and set concrete forms, perform framing layouts and material take-offs, siding, window and door installation, interior and exterior trim, fine finish work, and cabinet installation
- Ability to read and interpret architectural floor plans, elevations, shop drawings, and structural plans.
- Punctual, professionally dressed, and ready to work
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and up to date insurance
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is an hourly position and eligible for overtime
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Our attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!