Axiom Design Build is currently hiring Project Managers to join our construction operations team.
Axiom Project Managers are experienced professionals with great personal skills and meticulous understanding of residential construction methods. Attention to detail, rigorous organization, and great communication are all critical skills in this position. Optimal candidates will be able to direct both Axiom labor and subcontractors, create and manage schedules, contracts, and budgets, and communicate changing field conditions to clients. They are leaders within the organization and have a strong desire to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
Axiom engages in high-end, custom residential projects in many communities throughout Seattle. Regardless of project location, scale, or budget, our field crew is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Our culture at Axiom is about equality and inclusion; helping each other grow and learn, and building beautiful projects together. To achieve that we look for great craftspeople and great human beings.
- Project lead for mid-size remodels to large custom homes
- Create and manage project budgets and construction schedules for all assigned projects
- Oversee construction superintendents, carpenters, and laborers.
- Provide construction estimation to support design team as needed
- Review and create subcontracts and other vital construction documents
- Conduct on-site meetings with homeowners including budget overviews, preconstruction meetings, and project close-outs
- Establish and manage job processes (RFI’s, submittals, and pay applications)
- Conduct internal company performance reviews
- Collaborate with design team and operations team to keep project on schedule, on budget, and in line with client expectations and design intent.
- Manage and cultivate positive and beneficial subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with Axiom owners, field crew and any outside parties
- Help empower team to exceed expectations for quality, craftsmanship, customer service, schedule, and budget
- Be an outstanding example of company culture within surrounding community through both attitude and job performance
Required skills and qualifications
- Construction management degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the construction industry, high-end custom residential preferred
- 5-7 years construction management experience
- Hands on experience in the trades is desired, but not required
- Microsoft Excel expert, strong command of Microsoft Office/Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tech savvy – experience with Bluebeam REVU, Buildertrend, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro a plus
- Adaptability to a multitude of different projects
- Experience in a collaborative environment and ability to navigate construction and design challenges.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Professionalism in communication and correspondence with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers
- Punctual, reliable, professionally dressed, and ready to work are a must.
- Candidates must be self-driving and able to run multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable, and trustworthy. Our team is the key to our success. We expect all employees to understand the value of collaboration and bring a positive spirit to teamwork.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is a salaried position with great benefits!
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!