Overview of the position
Axiom is currently hiring full-time superintendents to join our construction team. We are looking for individuals who are seeking to achieve their career goals as part of a great team of construction and design professionals.
An Axiom superintendent is a goal-oriented individual who can drive 1-3 projects forward simultaneously. Attention to detail, rigorous organization, and a strong sense of mentorship are all critical skills in this position. Managing field operations on a day-to-day basis, an optimal candidate will be able to direct both Axiom labor and subcontractors, create and manage schedules, and communicate changing field conditions with the project manager.
As a small family-run business, we pride flexibility, dedication, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done right.
Axiom engages in high-end, custom residential projects in many communities throughout Seattle. Regardless of project location, scale, or budget, our field crew is expected to provide the highest level of customer service at all times. Our culture at Axiom is about equality and inclusion; helping each other grow and learn, and building beautiful projects together. To achieve that we look for great craftspeople and great human beings.
- Manage 1-3 job sites simultaneously. Projects range from ground up custom homes to additions and smaller remodels.
- Champion quality control, job-site productivity, and safety
- Collaborate with design team and project manager to keep project on schedule and on budget and in line with client expectations and design intent.
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with all plans and specifications
- Daily management of Axiom employees and subcontractors
- Perform material take-offs and framing layouts
- Put bags on and swing a hammer when needed
- Promote leadership by example
- Manage and cultivate positive and beneficial subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Coordinate material orders and schedule timely deliveries
- Maintain professional and consistent communication with owners, project managers and any necessary parties
- Keep job site notes and safety logs up to date
- Provide positive training and direction for carpenters and laborers as needed
- Help empower team to exceed expectations for quality, craftsmanship, schedule, and budget
- Be an outstanding example of company culture within surrounding community through both attitude and job performance
Required skills and qualifications
- 3-5 years of superintendent experience
- 7-10 years residential construction. High-end, custom experience preferred.
- Experience in a collaborative environment and ability to navigate construction and design challenges.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and specifications
- Journeyman-level carpentry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word is desirable
- Professionalism in communication and correspondence with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and co-workers
- Punctual, reliable, professionally dressed, and ready to work are a must.
- Superintendents often work independently. Candidates must be self-driving and able to run multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Motivated, dependable, and trustworthy. Our team is the key to our success. We expect all employees to understand the value of collaboration and bring a positive spirit to teamwork.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is a salaried position
Building and remodeling homes throughout the greater Seattle area for the past 20 years, Axiom Design Build is a high-end construction and architectural firm with a passion for exceptional craftsmanship and innovative design.
Axiom distinguishes itself within the Seattle construction industry by hiring amazing people who take pride in their craft. Our attention to detail, preparation, craftsmanship, teamwork, and superior customer service is what sets us apart.
We look forward to hearing from you!